I have been to Palawan twice, but I’ve never heard of (the just concluded) Baragatan Festival. That’s until I received an invite to do a media coverage in Palawan for the said festivity, and boy, I assure everyone saying the same line “What’s Baragatan Festival?” would instantly fall in love with everything the Province has prepared for them: Daily exciting activities and events involving not only the residents of Puerto Princesa but locals and natives from all over Palawan come together in harmony to celebrate. And don’t forget the thousands of tourists from around the world who also came to see the beautiful sights of Palawan.
Mr. Ceasar Sammy Magbanua – Overall Chairmain of Baragatan Festival
This Article contains links/embedded media of posts on my Facebook Page: Terrific Traveller
- Baragatan sa Palawan 2017: 1st Gov JCA XTERRA – CLICK HERE FOR THE PHOTO ALBUM
This event was held at Sta. Lourdes Heights, where contenders have to swim, bike, and run (tandem) to claim victory. This is also the first time Puerto Princesa’s Baragatan Festival has hosted a JCA XTERRA event, as an added attraction and activity for Palaweños.
- Baragatan sa Palawan 2017: Henyong Palaweñyo – CLICK HERE FOR THE PHOTO ALBUM
Held at NCCC Mall in Puerto Princesa, this quiz bee was made for grade school students who were all accompanied by their respective teachers, who competed for the championship, with questions ranging from Palawan’s history to natural resources.
- Baragatan sa Palawan 2017: 1st Gilbert BAACO CUP – CLICK HERE FOR THE PHOTO ALBUM
Also a first in Baragatan history is this Cup as a tribute for Gilbert Baaco – who was then the chief of Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction Management Office and Rescue 165 in Palawan, when was shot dead by unidentified gunmen on Good Friday, April 14, 2017. The Cup was held at Iwahig Prison and Penal Farm.
- Baragatan sa Palawan 2017: 1st Palawan Tribal Olympics – CLICK HERE FOR THE PHOTO ALBUM
This is probably one of my favorite events out of all we have visited in Puerto Princesa. Why? because I saw the love and passion of Palawan natives who all came together in one event to showcase all their talent in tribal dances and sports. My group wasn’t able to take photos and videos of the actual sports competition because of limited time.
- Muyta ng Palawan 2017: Swimsuit Competition – CLICK HERE FOR THE PHOTO ALBUM
The search for Mutya ng Palawan continues in Mutya ng Palawan 2017! We witnessed the walks and turns of the stunning candidates as they showcased their swimsuits and long gowns at Astoria Palawan. The candidates also wowed the audience when they paraded in national costume, where most were made of recyclable and earth friendly materials.
“SA LIKAS KAYANG TURISMO, PALAWEÑO AY AASENSO”
- Mutya ng Palawan 2017: Swimsuit Competition:
- Mutya ng Palawan 2017: Long Gown Competition:
- 1st Palawan Tribal Olympics – PSU Sining Palawan Dance troupe:
- 1st Palawan Tribal Olympics – Perlas ng Silanganan Dance Troupe:
- Baragatan sa Panlalawigang Piitan: Dancing Inmates Competition (MAIN):
- Baragatan sa Panlalawigang Piitan: Dancing Inmates Competition (ANNEX):
I’ve been to El Nido last year, and I can still recall the majestic views from the cliffs, mountains, and beaches. The turquoise waters where we snorkeled, and some of the best seafood I’ve ever had in my life! The memory is still very vivid, and going back to Palawan this year for Baragatan made me more hungry of the vast attractions Palawan has to offer.
Baragatan is a month-long celebration of the 115th Founding Anniversary of the Civil Government of Palawan.
Going to Puerto Princesa is very easy! there are 11+ flights per day if you are coming from Manila:
Not from Manila? Check Philippines AirAsia for the lowest fares to and from your location.