I’ve never had Tex-Mex this good. Everything Encima produced (December 2017) were works of art. Kudos to all kitchen staff and to Ms. J-An Fernandez (Encima Sous Chef) who spearheaded our amazing and memorable dinner.
[This dining experience was part of our stay at City Garden Hotel last December 2017. To read my full review of the Hotel, click HERE.]
Where are the Tex-Mex at?
- Piña Cubana & Strawberry Buko Melon – Both tasted not only good but great! very unique mix, eye-catching presentation, and very refreshing. They were so good, we had to savor each sip lol. But kidding aside, one of the best original creations I’ve (we’ve) had in the Metro.
- Nachos Suprema – This is an appetizer, but looked and tasted like a main dish (and that’s a good thing!) the serving size was enough for 4-5 people, the taste was off the charts, you could tell all the ingredients used were fresh, and you’ll easily get full if you don’t stop eating it (trust me, you won’t stop).
- Plain Quesadillas – Garnished with salsa, some veggies on the side, and a few herbs, this plain quesadilla is both cheesy and creamy (dreamy?), also a must try finger food at Encima.
- Burrito Steak – Definitely not your regular burrito, for this version is fuller, juicier, and meatier! They added steak inside your favorite burrito which added more texture and taste. I am not a fan of burritos but this one turned me into one. Burrito lovers come one, come all!
- Chili Pork Ribs – All of us thought it was (panalo!) fantastic, the pork was so tender, it falls off the bone, and tastes wonderfully amazing (makakalimutan mo pangalan mo sa sarap).
- Chicken Chimichanga – Another burrito, but this time it’s fried! (and I think, bigger?) and better – this one has more dips and fuller taste than most fried burritos out there. Definitely a must for all Tex-Mex lovers (especially those who love burritos!).
- Mango Cheesecake Flautas & Apple Chimichanga – Both desserts are now in my “desserts to try again next time and tell friends because they are so good” list. I am lactose intolerant but I still had to try even just a small bite of each plate to know how they taste like, and why my mom and aunt’s mouth said: “wow sarap”. True enough, both are winners, each has their unique blend and texture, recommended to everyone with a sweet tooth!
All Tex-Mex/Food lovers out there, YOU MUST TRY EVERYTHING at Encima Roofdeck Restaurant.
- Roofdeck, City Garden Hotel Makati, 7870 Durban Street Corner Makati Avenue, Poblacion, Makati City 1210.
- 4:00PM – 12:00AM [Monday-Sunday]
- 02 899-1111, 02 835-3554
- Facebook: Encima Roofdeck Restaurant
If you have any questions, clarifications, if you found details that are incorrect, or you just want to share something, please feel free to comment below and I will respond ASAP.
If my blog has helped you in any way, you can also help me maintain this blog site and reach more beautiful destinations by donating. Thank you for supporting Terrific Traveller!
To donate, please click HERE.
All donations are made via SECURED PAYPAL CHANNEL, and you won’t be charged unless you log-in and complete the money transfer process.