On August 13, Chibo Okonomiyaki introduced more flavors to complement all palates looking for an enjoyable and satisfying dining experience. The new mouthwatering ala-carte goodness addition will drag you back for more chow down. Guaranteed!
- Chicken and Coriander Salad – If there’s a starter that would both entice and bring to attention every diner at your table, this is the perfect plate. The very first thing you will notice is the slight burly trace of the coriander and red onions. Thinking if the dressing if it’s sweet or sour? this zingy salad’s condiment incorporates sambal. Don’t worry, It’s not that spicy. The chicken strips were tender, and overall, was served in perfect temperature. A must try! – PRICE: ₱288 ~ $5.3
- Chicken Wings & Grilled Chicken with Garlic – Let me start by saying that the liquid you see on the second photo is definitely not oil. That’s grilled chicken juice that’s oh so flavorful and oh so garlicky good! the meat was very tender, and the garlic on top was not too overwhelming, in fact, you’d want more of the garlic mix because it blended very well with the grilled chicken!, I actually didn’t expect it at first, but I was a little worried why Chibo produced chicken wings in Manila, where the wings craze and competition is very tough. Hear me, these wings at Chibo are so Good! It’s marinade and seasoning is very unique, soy-sweet-sesame that’s on a whole new level. A single order (4 pcs) is not enough for someone like me who loves chicken wings! – I could easily predict that this duo will be among the top favorites at Chibo Okonomiyaki. – PRICES: Wings ₱188 ~ $3.5, Chicken Garlic ₱388 ~ $7.2
- Grilled Shrimps with Garlic Oil – The seafood craze now does not stop at the Premium Executive Set Meals, but continues to this new finger-licking plate with as much as 6 glorious shrimps all grilled to perfection, topped with garlic oil, and served with lemon. Eat them while they’re hot for full satisfaction! one plate is already good for sharing, but if you’re that of a seafood lover, I guarantee the whole serving would fill you up good. PRICE: ₱588 ~ $11
- Kimchi and Pork Teppan & Sausage Teppan – Teppan is a style of Japanese cuisine that uses an iron griddle (steel plate) to cook food. Now these two are no basic entries. The Kimchi and Pork Teppan was a little spicy, but the combination was actually good. The Sausage Teppan on the other hand fared just right, and is good for all ages – all kids and kids at heart will enjoy. PRICE: ₱238 ~ $4.4 each
- Grilled Oysters – Best enjoyed freshly served, these oysters packed an exquisite punch on my tastebuds that left me wanting one (or two) more big bites. No strong fishy taste at all! make sure you squeeze that lemon over the oysters for the best taste. PRICE: ₱588 ~ $11
- Pork and Kimchi Tonpeiyaki & Pork and Cheese Tonpeiyaki – I actually have never heard of “tonpeiyaki” before, that’s why I got a little curious as to how they are made, and taste like. Turns out, it’s just like your super hearty & fluffy home made egg omelette, generously stuffed with Pork and Kimchi & Pork and Cheese. Very flavorful, and very addicting. A perfect starter that the kids and grown ups will adore. PRICE: ₱188 ~ $3.5 each
- Gizzard Teppanyaki, Chibo Okonomiyaki & Spicy Yakisoba – I wasn’t able to try the gizzard teppanyaki because of my newly adjusted braces, but I was told that they’re a great beer/sake partner. As for the Chibo Okonomiyaki, I want you to be the judge. It’s very easy to say that it is THE BEST okonomiyaki ever, but you have to try it yourself. For me, and all my companion during this food tasting event, this Okonomiyaki is a winner. Inside Chibo Okonomiyaki are Prawns, Scallops, Beef, and Pork – now who would dare say no to this combo right? (except our vegetarian friends). And for a peppery finish (or start, up to you haha), the Spicy Yakisoba will surely give your palate a kick of flavors enriched by freshly cut chilis, and just the right amount of seasoning for that satisfying spicy aftertaste. PRICES: Gizzard ₱238 ~ $4.5, Okonomiyaki ₱488 ~ $9.2, Spicy Yakisoba ₱288 ~ $5.3
- Rice Flour Dumplings – There will always be room for dessert! Chibo Okonomiyaki’s rice flour dumplings is a treat for all sweet tooths and foodies alike. If you’re born and raised in the Philippines, you’d immediately recognize the texture and taste of the “dumplings”, where a scoop of ice cream, mint leaf, and Azuki bean sauce also await. PRICE: ₱150 ~ $2.8
CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE WHOLE MENU
1. Conrad Manila
2. The Podium
If you have any questions, clarifications, if you found details that are incorrect, or you just want to share something, please feel free to comment below and I will respond ASAP.
If my blog has helped you in any way, you can also help me maintain this blog site and reach more beautiful destinations by donating. Thank you for supporting Terrific Traveller!
To donate, please click HERE.
All donations are made via SECURED PAYPAL CHANNEL, and you won’t be charged unless you log-in and complete the money transfer process.