We all know how mesmerizing PALAWAN is, with beaches and lagoons known the world over, winning the grandest awards, the vlogs, blogs, and word of mouth from our friends, colleagues, and relatives who’ve all shared their fondest memories in Palawan, the diverse culture, amazing food, and hospitable locals – everything just adds up to being one of the best places in the Philippines to visit or live in.
I’ve been to El Nido a few years back, went swimming at Nacpan Twin Beach, hiked the limestones of Taraw Cliff, and watched one of the most beautiful sunsets at Marimegmeg Beach. Since then, I never stopped thinking (more like wishing) when or how I could go back to visit more of Palawan, specifically Coron and Balabac.
Did you know? Palawan is made up of 1,768 islands and is the second largest province in the Philippines.
This trip is in collaboration with JY Travel and Tours. Click HERE to visit their Facebook Page for the best and most affordable Coron tours.
DAY 1 – Entry + Coron Town Tour
As I looked through the window of the twin-engine turboprop that carried me to Busuanga, there I saw beaches, islands, and vast waters that compose only a few parts of the big adventures still waiting to be discovered in Palawan.
One van transfer and roughly two hours of rest later, we started with Coron Town Tour. Here are the places we visited: LUALHATI PARK, CASHEW FACTORY, MT. TAPYAS, ST. AGUSTINE CHURCH, SOUVENIR SHOP, & MAQUINIT HOT SPRING.
Cashew Factory (Store)
St. Augustine Church
Did you know? The world’s longest underground river system accessible to man is located at the St. Paul National Park in the province of Palawan.
After a whole day of adventure, who wouldn’t get hungry? so we all went to Balay Karaenan at the town proper to have our dinner:
Guests can avail of this complete package: Day tour + Dinner for only 800 pesos! the set meal includes a cup of rice, 1 fried chicken, 3 pcs of buttered shrimp, and veggies. There’s also a glass of iced tea to complete the meal.
DAY 2 – “Ultimate” Tour
This was one of the most memorable tours I’ve had to date. The sights were nothing short of breathtaking, and the overall experience deserves to be personally felt. Being said that, I suggest bringing goggles, fins, proper swimming attire, and organic sunblock so you can enjoy these destinations to the fullest: KAYANGAN LAKE, SUNSET BEACH, SIETE PECADOS, SKELETON WRECK, LAS ISLAS DE CORAL, CYC BEACH, & TWIN LAGOON.
Kayangan Lake & Twin Lagoon
The bad weather didn’t stop us! well, it did hinder us from seeing the beauty of the corals and shipwreck, but it was still fun! just look at our faces from the photos above =) remember I went to Coron by myself? well not anymore! those awesome people you see above are my tour-mates who also availed of the same Ultimate tour. So if you’re worried about going solo on your travels, I’m telling you, go for it! – you’ll meet new friends along the way!
I wasn’t really able to capture that many photos during this tour because the destinations were so beautiful, I had to capture them on video! So watch out for my travel video soon featuring not only this day’s ultimate tour but my whole coron adventure =)
TRAVEL VIDEO SOON!
Did you know? Kayangan Lake in Coron is hailed as the CLEANEST & CLEAREST LAKE IN ASIA.
DAY 3 – Calauit Safari + Isla Paraiso
Another check in my bucket list is a visit to this 3,700-hectare island safari in Palawan – the Calauit Safari. Located just two hours away van ride and boat transfer away is this one-of-a-kind “jungle” home to towering Giraffes and black and white Zebras imported from Africa in the ’70s, Turtles, Snakes, Monkeys, Porcupines, Wild boars, and many more exotic animals.
Tip: Make sure you bring ice-cold water before heading to the Safari on a regular or sunny day, because you will get exhausted and tired with all the walking under the hot sun. Almost 90% of the areas in the safari doesn’t have shade, so bring your umbrellas and hats, apply sunblock if available.
What I don’t recommend is availing a tour here on a rainy day because the trail/road going to the attractions is pure soil (from drop off area), which will definitely get muddy, slippery, and a little dangerous. For you to reach Calauit Safari, you have to travel via boat (as you can see above) for about 10 minutes only. Don’t worry, you won’t get sea sick =)
Isla Paraiso on the other hand, tells a different story. It’s actually a beach resort, not an actual island, but the name proves just right as the place is really a paradise for beach lovers and those who want an escape from the hustle and bustle.
Guests can go fishing, boating, snorkeling, and a lot more water (and beach) activities that has no age limit. Just pure fun, and making new memories. Isla Paraiso is a privately owned beach resort of JY Travel and Tours.
I totally enjoyed my few days of vacay in Coron, and I will definitely be back for more adventures in this amazing Island. Going solo isn’t as bad as it sounds (for some), because you get to meet new friends, manage your own time, have privacy, and make decisions that don’t need the approval of others – lol. Just look at my messy bed at Mountain View Garden Inn, haha! and “a whole new world” just by the balcony. I didn’t want to leave!
The morning of Day 4, aka goodbye Coron day, I woke up early to have breakfast (1pc hotdog and rice) and prepare my things since I have a scheduled van transfer to Busuanga Airport at 9am. I wanted to stay in Coron because there was still so much to do, so I just told myself that I can always come back.
Did you know? Palawan is home to two World Heritage Sites: The Puerto Princesa Subterranean River National Park and the Tubbataha Reef Marine Park.
Where to STAY in Coron
1. NCB (King Michael) Homestay
- Address: Mabintangen Rd, Coron Town Proper, Coron, Palawan
- Contact Number: +63 956 003 6711
- Room Rate: ₱1,200 for a twin sharing room
- For other room config/rates and information, CLICK HERE
2. Mountain View Garden Inn
- Address: Tapyas Road, Coron Town Proper, Coron, Palawan
- Contact Numbers: +63917-888-8643, +63947-839-0265
- Room Rate: ₱2,500 for a twin sharing room
- For other room config/rates and information, CLICK HERE
How to get to Coron
1. Travelling by Plane
- This is the fastest and easiest way to reach Coron. Airline companies such as SkyJet, Cebu Pacific, and Philippine Airlines have flights to and from Busuanga Airport (USU). Travel time is roughly 45 minutes to 1 hour depending on air traffic and weather. Do note that there are these delays at airports every now and then that may cause late departures, but best practice is to be always be ahead of time.
2. Travelling by Sea
- If you have all the time in the world, or you or your companions are not sea-sick, or if you’re afraid of airplanes, this is your “only” alternative. Do note that travelling via Ferry will take as long as 15 hours (per way) from Manila. Sometimes you can even find the cheapest rates if via ferry. You can check 2Go Travel for schedule and rates.
- Day 1 – Town Tour (4:00 PM – 8:00 PM)
- Pick-up time: 3:00 – 3:00 PM
- Lualhati Park
- Cashew Factory
- Mt. Tapyas
- St. Augustine Church
- Souvenir Shop
- Maquinit Hotspring
- Day 2 – Ultimate Tour (9:00 AM – 5:00 PM)
- Pick-up time: 9:00 – 9:30 AM
- Kayangan Lake
- Sunset Beach
- Siete Pecados
- Skeleton Wreck
- Las Islas De Coral
- CYC Beach
- Twin Lagoon
- Day 3 – Calauit Safari + Sidetrips (6:00 AM – 5:00PM)
- Pick-up time: 5:30 – 6:00 AM
- Busuanga Town Proper
- Calauit Safari Tour
- Conception Falls (we did not visit this attraction)
- Malbato Church (we did not visit this attraction)
- Isla Paraiso
Breakdown of Expenses (4D/3N) via JY Travel and Tours
- Roundtrip Airfare: ₱1,380.60 + 5,800 GetGo Points (Manila – Busuanga – Manila)
- Roundtrip Airport Transfer: ₱300 per person
- Town Tour w/ Set Meal Dinner: ₱800 per person
- Ultimate Tour: ₱1500 per person
- Calauit Safari + Isla Paraiso: ₱2000 per person
- Food: ₱500 (dinner, snacks, water good for 3 days)
- Accommodation: ₱1,200 per day/standard room at NCB Homestay & ₱2,500 per day/twin sharing room at Mountain View Garden Inn. (You can definitely choose to stay at another accommodation provider if you want to minimize expenses)
* prices are subject to change without prior notice.
JY Travel and Tours
For a hassle free vacation in Coron, trust your instincts and avail a package tour! not only will you have a hassle free getaway, but you’re sure to always get the best available rates with JY Travel and Tours. Every vacation should be memorable and enjoyable, without thinking about your itinerary, or gram worthy photos – JY Travel and Tours – one of the biggest tour agencies in Coron – will take care of that for you.
JY Travel and Tours is a DOT accredited tour operator based in Coron, and has been making guests happy since 2012. They have been the go-to choice by leisure or corporate tours for their reliability and professionalism. Let JY Travel and Tours make your Coron dream come true!
- Contact numbers: +63920-553-2361 / +63905-406-5704
- Facebook: https://web.facebook.com/JYTravelandToursOfficialPage/
If you have any questions, clarifications, if you found details that are incorrect, or you just want to share something, please feel free to comment below and I will respond ASAP.
If my blog has helped you in any way, you can also help me maintain this blog site and reach more beautiful destinations by donating. Thank you for supporting Terrific Traveller!
To donate, please click HERE.
All donations are made via SECURED PAYPAL CHANNEL, and you won’t be charged unless you log-in and complete the money transfer process.