“Saxophone Idols“ from all over the Philippines gathered at Newport Performing Arts Theatre at Resorts World Manila last October 12, 2019, to showcase no other than raw Filipino talent at its best.
It was truly a spectacle to have witnessed Filipino musicians who each wielded the brass woodwind instrument, perform with such dedication and finesse. From classic OPM hits to modern pop, all Saxophone Idols made sure all our ears and “feels” were touched.
Every single performance was unique. Each Saxophonist brought their A-game and didn’t show any sign of exhaustion, but gave their 101% each time they’re on stage.
My favorite performances were “Huling El Bimbo” by Sax Fastrack First Class, “Araw Gabi” by Sax Serenade, Wrecking Ball by Josh Espinosa, Jaybee Javelosa, and Sax Serenade, and Come Together by Jaybee Javelosa and Josh Espinosa.
This year’s venue was much bigger and better than last year, where hundreds of guests including the artist’s family members, students, professionals, and even fellow musicians came to watch and support their Saxophone Idols on stage.
SILA is composed of the following artists:
- Archie Lacorte – a professional saxophonist with Masters in Saxophone from Elisabeth Unversity in Japan,
- Josh Espinosa – the saxophone virtuoso and Eat Bulaga’s Saxophone Hero,
- Marc Vincent Dimayuga a.k.a. SaxSerenade – Philippine Online Saxophone Sensation,
- Jaybee Javelosa – the producer of SILA and a Sax Fastrack coach.
With special guests:
- Christian Chiu a.k.a. XT on Sax – Philpop fellow who plays sax for his local band MATCHA, and the songwriter behind the first llonggo Jazz pop song “HINAMBALAN” which debuted a few weeks ago on digital platforms,
- Ronn Kenneth Bailon – one of the premier saxophonists of Bicol, and a Meralco polyphaser engineer,
- Doctor Joben Abraham – a Urologist of St. Luke’s Medical Center, and a transplant surgeon of the National Kidney Institute,
- Nicole Tejedor – The Philippine’s Saxophone Diva, and a proud member of the AMP Big Band,
- Glenda Cagadoc – a saxophone enthusiast, and recently, a Saxophone Fastrack student,
- Fastrack First Class – composed of Miguel Muin, Aretha Shantelle Llona, David Lehrer, Paul Joseph Lazaro, Jay Christopher Dacuycuy, Dean Johann Villanueva, Mary Mitchelle Puno,
- Redo Fam – the soulful dance group from Bulacan, who won the Dance Nation 2019, and just recently represented the Philippines in the World Supremacy Battlegrounds in Sydney, Australia.
Be part of SILA Vol.3 next year!
Click here for the Facebook Event Link: bit.ly/32MCo77
- Photos without my watermark are from Shutter Joe and @fiilpineda.
If you have any questions, clarifications, if you found details that are incorrect, or you just want to share something, please feel free to comment below and I will respond ASAP.
If my blog has helped you in any way, you can also help me maintain this blog site and reach more beautiful destinations by donating. Thank you for supporting Terrific Traveller!
To donate, please click HERE.
All donations are made via SECURED PAYPAL CHANNEL, and you won’t be charged unless you log-in and complete the money transfer process.